Monday, July 26, 2010

HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival

With all my summer craziness lately, I've forgotten to blog - but I haven't, luckily, forgotten to pay my bills. As I was sending in my last Time Warner bill, I noticed something exciting on the envelopes... free movies!

That's right. For once, Time Warner is doing something pleasant for New Yorkers! Time Warner is hosting the HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival, where movies are shown to the general public at Bryant Park after sundown. Similar to a drive-in movie, this is a unique way to see a movie - bring a blanket, some snacks, and a friend to check it out.

For anyone not yet familiar with the city, Bryant Park is located by 42nd Street and 5th Avenue. Much smaller than Central Park, Bryant Park is home to a skating rink and shops during the winter months, beautiful views and activities during the summer months, and is always accessible by the subway lines B, D, F, and M, and the nearby Grand Central lines 7, 4, 5, and .

Tonight is one of my favorite movies, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Unfortunately I have to pass up going to see this particular installment of the festival, but coming up are more great movies such as Bonnie and Clyde, so I hope to be going soon and reporting back to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment